Saturday, September 14, 2013

I'm Still Here

Hey, I haven't updated in a while because I have temporarily stopped modding for sims 3. My laptop's processor can't keep up with Sims 3, it takes more than half an hour to load Sims 3 up (with all expansions). Until I get a better laptop, I can't spend a lot of time on making free content. Sims 3 content should be free, so I've begun making my own models which I will then sell. I need income so I'm applying what I have learned (from Digital Tutors) and turning into a small business. My models are 100% made by me, from each polygon to each pixel in the textures. They are going to be optimized to run in real-time game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.). I will post when everything is up and running. I haven't abandoned Sims 3, I just need stability and a better processor before I can continue. The loading times are the only thing that have become discouraging, I can easily create 'meshes' and textures using my own programs. My workflow rotates between Zbrush, 3DS Max, BodyPaint, TopoGun, and Photoshop. I am working on implementing Mudbox and possibly Maya in the future. A preview of my model can be seen below. This model is not finished yet, but already has two full outfits from head to toe, three hair colors, and two weapons.


No comments:

Post a Comment